Self-Introduction Letter

 Subject: Self-Introduction Letter - Keris


Dear Professor Brad, I am Keris, a first-year student at SIT, deeply passionate about mechanical engineering. This trimester, I am excited to attend your classes for critical thinking and communication. I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with a diploma in engineering with business. Despite having the option to focus on either business or engineering, I wholeheartedly chose engineering, specifically in the field of mechanical engineering. Over the course of three years, I not only acquired knowledge but also discovered my true passion for mechanical engineering. During my internship at EOS Singapore, an additive manufacturing company, I was initially involved in software-based data entry and non-technical tasks. However, what truly ignited my passion was observing application engineers engaged in the intricate process of transforming engineering drawings into physical parts through 3D printing. This experience fueled my curiosity and inspired me to explore mechanical engineering, with a particular focus on 3D printing and manufacturing. Active listening is one of my strengths. Throughout my polytechnic years, I consistently engaged with every team member during projects, seeking clarity by asking questions and summarizing their perspectives to ensure a comprehensive understanding. This practice significantly enhances communication, promotes collaboration, facilitates effective problem-solving, and strengthens team bonds. However, being an introvert with confidence challenges, initiating conversations, and asserting myself in group settings, like team meetings, has been a weakness. This sometimes leads to missed opportunities for valuable input. Nevertheless, I have been actively working on building my confidence in communication over time. Through this module, I aim to conquer my hesitations and express ideas assertively, recognizing the importance of effective communication. This includes practicing and delivering presentations with clarity, conviction, and confidence. I am committed to actively seeking opportunities to speak in front of groups, engaging in discussions, and embracing constructive feedback as I strive to become a more confident and effective communicator in the context of my chosen field. One interesting thing about me is that I have a driving license, yet I am anxious about driving, particularly on expressways. Despite excelling in my driving test, real-road experiences, especially on high-speed expressways, make me nervous. However, I aspire to overcome this fear and become more courageous. My goal is to conquer my fear and confidently navigate expressways safely before the year's end. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you've found it interesting and gained some insight into who I am. I eagerly await your lessons and am enthusiastic about learning valuable insights into critical thinking and communication. Best regards, Keris Edited: 25 Oct 2023

Feedback given to Justin, Haowen and Nathan


Comments

  1. Haowen here and I think your self-introduction letter is very great as it is well-structured and provides a clear overview of your background, experiences, strengths, weaknesses, and goals.Maybe while you mention your goal to become a more confident and effective communicator, you could specify how this relates to your course and why it's important in your field of study.Other than that everything is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keris, I think your introduction letter was great! It is nice to see how your internship has inspired you to further pursue engineering. It is good that you are striving to be more confident in both as a communicator as well as a person. Perhaps you can expand on how you aim to achieve your goals. Overall, great content and examples, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Keris, for this well crafted and very informative letter. I especially appreciate the sharing you’ve done in terms of your unique journey toward embracing mechanical engineering. The way that your internship impacted your vision in terms of 3D printing and manufacturing is particularly impressive.

    You also detail your comm skills and how these relate to your needs. Be assured that we will address the areas that you mention in your goals, including public speaking and communicating with confidence (and volume).

    As for your driving, kudos to you! I wish you many safe and fruitful journeys :)

    There is only one areas of this letter that seems to warrant review:

    1. the use of caps/puncutation
    — ... deeply passionate about Mechanical Engineering. This trimester, I will be attending your classes for Critical Thinking and Communication. > ?
    -- Best Regards, > Best regards,

    I look forward to working with you further this term; I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

    Best wishes,

    Brad




    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Prof Brad,

    Thank you for your insightful letter and feedbacks. I appreciate your acknowledgment of my communication goals and look forward to further collaboration this term.

    Best wishes,
    Keris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interpretation of quote